circle of fall print fabric (body)
Rust, or burnt orange or light brown felt (for face)
Scrap of orange felt (for nose)
1 1/2" wood heart (for feet)
Acrylic paint: bittersweet
Black sharpee or Ultimate Marker
Scissors or pinking shears
Needle and thread
1. Paint the wood heart with 2 coats of bittersweet
acrylic paint. Let dry.
2. Use needle and thread to stitch edge under and make a
around fall fabric. Pull thread to gather fabric and
Flatten circle with stitching in center front. This
creates the yo-yo.
3. Cut two face pieces from felt. It can be cut with
or straight. Glue or sew together around edges.
4. Cut beak from orange felt and glue on face. Use marker
to make eyes.
5. Glue face to front of yo-yo to cover hole and
Glue face and yo-yo to center of heart so round end of
heart forms feet.
All rights reserved. Copyrights Calico Kitten Designs 2005-2012